- As many as 20 bidders are interested in buying U.S. software company Novell Inc (NOVL:$6.03,00$0.21,003.61%) , which has put itself up for sale and is this week accepting bids, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
- Most or all of the companies expected to make serious bids are private equity firms
- rejected a $2 billion takeover offer from investment fund and shareholder Elliott Associates, calling its offer of $5.75 a share inadequate
- I'm planning on longing this in the pre-market and letting the war begin.
- For longs, any revisit of the 30.75 to 31 area could pose an attractive buying target.
- For shorts, the late evening ceiling around 31.50 to 31.60 may offer a possible selling opportunity.
- For shorts, any morning move back toward 6.40 may present a favorable selling opportunity.
Price: 5.55, Change: +0.24, Percent Change: +4.52.
Earnings for the software company topped its guidance. The company forecast third-quarter earnings of 36 cents to 38 cents on revenue of $330 million to $ 338 million, while analysts estimated 40 cents and $334.9 million, respectively, according to a poll by Thomson Reuters.
- TZA - bear small cap
- FAZ - bear financial
- UCO - crude oil
VRSN: 27.94 to 28.81
ADSK: 30.05 to 31.69
AAP: 45.88 to 48.52
GYMB: 42.08 to 44.70
ARUN: 11.32 to 12.26
SOLR: 5.29 to 5.65
LTD: 23.20 to 24.63
PETM: 31.20 to 32.58
SYMC: 15.58 to 16.07
MA: 200 to 209.74
Tandy Leather Factory, Inc. (TLF:$5.04,00$0.5300,11.75%) (the "Company") announced today that it has been approved for listing on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol " TLF." Trading on the NASDAQ Global Market is expected to commence on June 2, 2010. The Company's common stock will continue to trade on the NYSE Amex until the market close on June 1, 2010.
In a setback for the Obama administration, Senate Democrats failed to muster enough votes on Wednesday to end debate on the biggest overhaul of financial regulation since the 1930s, delaying a vote on passage.
But analysts still expect the legislation eventually to pass.
A group of lawmakers will recommend BP be ordered to idle its Atlantis oil and gas platform in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico until federal regulators can prove the region's second biggest rig is operating safely.
This could hurt their stock and become a good short.
William Sharpe, the winner of the 1990 Nobel Prize in Economics's "Time to replace the 4% rule
Retirement-savings withdrawal strategy is flawed, but replacement is complex :"
Its definitely been crazy, in short scalp mode, then flipping to long scalp, but I definitely feel like an Blackfoot with all the scalps I been taking, hang them on my wall. I'm going to continue this tomorrow to protect my cash, until I feel safe enough to overnight anything, which I don't. Take your time when you trade remember its better to be on sidelines wishing you were playing then in the game wishing you were on the sideline. Let the play come to you, do what the situation calls for, if it feels wrong, it is. Commission is always less when you just immediately bail on it other than commission plus whatever you lost, find something else, I have 20 alerts, take your pick...NOVL!