- Stocks Go from Negative to Positive and Back in Last 15 Minutes; Dow Losing Streak at 9700.
- U.S. stocks dropped Friday, capping a bruising week, as disappointing jobs data fueled worries about a second half slowdown in the economy.
- In afternoon trading, the euro was at $1.2541 , up 0.2 percent on the day. The single currency rose as high as $1.2613 -- the first time over the 1.2600 level since May 21.
- U.S. crude oil futures fostered losses Monday, with crude for August delivery down 62 cents to $71.52 a barrel. The commodity continued trading Monday as the rest of the New York Stock Exchange took a hiatus for Independence Day. Monday's and Tuesday's trading sessions will be combined into a single settlement price on July 6. Crude-oil futures on Friday fell to their lowest level in nearly a month, a lackluster end of a week that brought oil down 8.5%. It was the biggest drop in eight weeks. Crude oil future prices have been struggling on concerns over the economy and the demand for fuel. Possible add of UCO if this drops any further, say 70$ a barrel, otherwise SCO for the scalp would be good gain.
- US Small Caps Post Longest Losing Streak of Year.
- Cirrus Logic Inc. (CRUS:$15.58,00$0.58,003.87%). Expected to report Q1 2011 results on July 21, 2010.
- Cirrus was holding steady around the $17-mark, until the mkt had its significant pullback, which effected this stock, but I believe its a good long, on of your safest longs as of now. If mkt cooperates CRUS will be back to $17+ in no time. Jim Cramer says its $20 stock, this was weeks ago, maybe his point of view has changed, but $17 from mid 15's is a nice gain. Long.
- Sara Lee is sure to get a pop from this big sale, also insider buy from CEO was 18k @ 13.51, but keep an eye on PG for positive raise in stock price by this deal.
- Steady downtrending followed by a downgrade from Bank of America/Merrill Lynch analyst Vivek Arya and put the target price to $26 a share from $43. Early short, watch for bottom bounce.
- Safe Haven bet, seems to hit a low around 11.7, could get a pop into the 12.2 area for a safe bet if mkt is going to continue to decline and act weak with fear.
- Research in Motion has been downtrending for over 1 month, this 10 day chart shows major declination, short sell it and go long on that short, seems like the iphone & the android are hurting it badly.
- Oracle showing support at 21.25 area, short sell this news and cover at 21.25 area and look to long again, which over a few days could push it back into 23's. Seems the appeal has no legal grounds, but could drop the stock for intraday scalp. Expect good range tuesday.
- BP seems to have reached its low, dont mark my words, at 26 to 27 and may continue upwards as they lock in help from numerous outlets. Long, but intraday scalping wise I'd be short. Could still be more of a reversal as more claims come in and the entire coast is abandoned from vacationers. Alot of uncertainty with the future of this company/stock.
- Good news, but this is a choppy stock, I'm a bit mixed on which way to play it, I'd say long at first, but more of a long scalp or a short scalp.
- MEND got added and as the chart shows it made a dollar gain, would expect continuation.
- CKR dropped off S&P 600 and would expect a good short out of this, but for last month it has uptrended, Tuesday could be its day to drop, Short
- This 5 day chart shows they hung around $3 until upgrades and reiterations positive on the issue. Arena has a Phase 3 Trial drug designed to fight obesity could get approval sending shares higher. With market cooperation this stock could make nice gains, Long.
- Leap wireless decision is in favor of company so maybe this downtrending stock will get a pop and you can long it or short the pop and wait for a, most likely, larger gain.
- I like the idea that they want to focus on their core lending, this, to me, is similar to what C is trying to do, trim the fat and get back to what worked in the first place, Long.
- News Corp deal could really boost stock up for good if it does in fact go through. Speculation alone could move it into the 12 area, with an eye on 12.5 to 12.75 being the Long play.
- U.S. Markets Closed for Holiday, that sucks...I'm tryna make money.
- Extended-Hours Earnings: None.
- Economic Data: 10 a.m. ISM Services.
- Extended-Hours Earnings: FDO, KED, WDFC.
- Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (FDO:$38.62,00$-0.13,00-0.34%), recently down 93c to $38.17. 5 day chart got a little life
- Economic Data: 10:30 a.m. Crude Inventories.
- Extended-Hours Earnings: SHLM, CAMP, HELE, ISCA, NUHC, PENX, PRXI, GBX, LWSN.
- On May 24, Icahn said he acquired an 8.54 stake in Lawson Software Inc (LWSN:$7.30,00$-0.05,00-0.68%)
- Economic Data: 8:30 a.m. Initial Claims; 3 p.m. Consumer Credit.
- Extended Hours Earnings: ROX.
- Economic Data: 10 a.m. Wholesale Inventories.
Greenbrier Cos. (GBX) 3Q (.02)
AAR Corp. (AIR) 4Q .29
BioMimetic Therapeutics Inc. (BMTI) 2Q (.38)
Cellu Tissue Hldgs Inc. (CLU) 1Q .02 AMC
DragonWave Inc. (DRWI) 1Q .23 AMC
Family Dollar Stores Inc. (FDO) 3Q .76 BMO
Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co. Inc. (HITK) 4Q .55
Kayne Anderson Energy Devt Co.(KED) 2Q .35 AMC
Mercantile Bank Corp. (MBWM) 2Q (.33)
WD-40 Co. (WDFC) 3Q .42 4:00PM
A. Schulman Inc. (SHLM) 3Q .41 BMO
Bank of the Ozarks Inc. (OZRK) 2Q .56
Helen of Troy Corp. (HELE) 1Q .57 BMO
Intl Speedway Corp. (ISCA) 2Q .29
Intl Speedway Corp. (ISCB) 2Q .29
Lawson Software Inc. (LWSN) 4Q .11 AMC
Progressive Corp. (PGR) 2Q .36
- Progressive Corp. (PGR:$18.62,00$-0.03,00-0.16%), like the company and think they will have positive earnings, that usually means short the stock, but its been so beat up that I'd say go long around 18.5 or watch for dips into 18 area for longs.
Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE) 2Q .38
- Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc. (GPRE:$9.90,00$-0.27,00-2.65%), no real reason, but the fact that renewable energy has done well lately, this stock didn't get murdered as mkt dropped, but was choppy, good scalper here.
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (GDR) 2Q 10.48