- Autodesk (ADSK:$27.45,00$-0.47,00-1.68%) advanced in after-hours trade after beating Q2 expectations and setting Q3 guidance in a range that straddled the Street view.
- Slowing demand for graphics processors and hefty charges for defective products deepened Nvidia Corp's (NVDA:$8.961,0$0.0785,0.88%) quarterly loss, but the chipmaker said profit margins would recover in the third quarter thanks to a new range of products.
- Fabless semiconductor company Spreadtrum Communications Inc (SPRD:$9.86,00$0.16,001.65%) posted a quarterly profit as it shipped more third-generation chips and forecast third-quarter revenue above analysts' estimates, sending its shares up 9 percent.
- OXiGENE (OXGN:$0.37,00$-0.0048,-1.28%) reports Q2 earnings of $0.04 per share, vs. a year ago loss of $0.11 per share.
- Flextronics International Ltd.'s (FLEX:$5.32,00$-0.38,00-6.67%) board released another $200 million to repurchase stock under its standing shareholder authorization to buy back up to 10% of the company's shares.
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Inc (RRGB:$19.67,00$-0.13,00-0.66%) posted a quarterly profit that missed market expectations as its limited-time value menu offerings hurt the average check, and the casual dining chain named a new chief executive as part of a succession plan.
- Nordstrom (JWN:$33.4400,$-0.1300,-0.39%) declined in evening trade after meeting Q2 EPS estimates, beating on revenue, and setting its FY EPS guidance in a range that surrounds the current Street consensus.
- Dionex Corp. (DNEX:$74.10,00$0.96,001.31%) reports Q4 EPS of $0.81 compared to the Street view of $0.79. Revenues came in at $107 million compared to Street view of $106.85 million.
- Scientific Games (SGMS:$10.82,00$0.19,001.79%) says its wholly-owned subsidiary Scientific Games International, Inc. has been awarded the contract for the design, implementation and administration of its next-generation Video Gaming Central Control System by the Illinois Gaming Board.
- ADSK: 27.11 to 29.56
- NVDA: 8 to 9.66
- TRBN: 2.96 to 4.50
- RRGB: 18.55 to 20.84
- NVDA: 8 to 9.66
- SPRD: 9.88 t 10.88
- OXGN: 0.39 to 0.47
- FLEX: 5.31 to 5.44
- JWN: 33.54 to 31.83
- DNEX: 74.11 to 73.42
- SGMS: 11.37 to 10.63