The Hang Seng is down 2.5% as of last night, which should mean the Dow will follow, look for plays on bear ETF's suck as FAZ, TNA, etc.
Also, Short Sell bad news.
- ABX = 44.43, as Euro weakens people will look back to gold as a safe haven, I like Barrick for this safety, down off a high of 48.02.
- V = 78.35, pre-market ceiling develop at 80.50 to 79.50, an area for shorts to watch for potential weakness down toward 79 to 78.50. Buyers are rolling in late at 78, but not seeing much upside lift yet. Still, it's an area longs may want to watch as a tentative near-term floor.
- TIVO = 10.34, court to rehear case involving DISH, not good for them.
- Depending on who wins the case, I hope Tivo, could be huge boost for stock.
- 5/14/10 Pre-Market: -4.1%; 5/14/10 Regular Session: -8.6% - Merriman downgrades to Neutral from Buy.
- 4/7/10 Pre-Market: -1.6%; 4/7/10 Regular Session: -4.4% - Barclays cuts to Equal Weight.
- 3/3/10 Pre-Market: -4.1%; 3/3/10 Regular Session: -2% - BofA/Merrill downgrade to Underperform from Buy.
The firm reportedly upgraded the stock due to expectations that unemployment burden will ease.
A Look Ahead: Major Corporate & Economic Events, May 17 to May 21 05/14 04:00 PM
05:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 05/14/2010 (MidnightTrader) --
MONDAY, May 17
Extended-Hours Earnings: A, AXAS, AERG, AVSO, AXPW, BLTI, BITS, CEL, DL, DFR, TBUS, DYNT, EMIS, GA, HAST, IRSN, HOLL, LGL, LOW, PWRD, PFIN, PMUG, SINA (SINA:$35.11,00$-0.30,00-0.85%) , ULU, VAL, WWON, WYY, XNN.
Economic Data: None.
TUESDAY, May 18
Extended-Hours Earnings: SVN, ANF, APP, EAG, ADI, ALOT, BEAC, GRRF, NPD, IMOS, DKS, EDAP, ENMD, HPQ, HD, KIRK, PLAB, RLGT, SKS, SYPR, TJX, VOD, WMT, WSTL, WUHN.
Economic Data: 8:30 a.m. Building Permits; Core PPI; Housing Starts.
WEDNESDAY, May 19
Extended-Hours Earnings: EGHT, ABMD, AAP, AMAT, ARUN, ADSK, BJ, BRC, CHS, CNTF, CTRN, DE, EFUT, GSOL, SOLR, GYMB, HRL, HOTT, LTD, NTES, OPXT, PETM, RL, REDF, RITT, SBLK, SNPS, TGT, VVTV.
Economic Data: 8:30 a.m. CPI, 10:30 a.m. Crude Inventories.
THURSDAY, May 20
Extended-Hours Earnings: ARO, BONT, BRCD, CMRG, CSC, CPWR, CPWM, DLTR, LONG, FL, GME, INTU, KONG, MRVL, MF, NDSN, PSUN, PDCO, PERY, RRGB, ROST, CRM, SSI, SPLS, SMRT, BKE, CATO, PLCE, WTSLA, VRGY, ZUMZ, WSM.
Economic Data: 8:30 a.m. Initial Claims; 10 a.m. Leading Indicators; Philadelphia Fed.
FRIDAY, May 21
Extended-Hours Earnings: ANN, HIBB, TECD.
Economic Data: None
U.S. Week Ahead: Earnings and Bank Reform
Europe's Week Ahead: Airlines In Focus
Asia's Week Ahead: Central Banks In Focus
- What patterns have been working for you?
- If a stock has resisted/support level several times during the past month & violates that level intraday.
- Strategy: Dividend Momentum = When a company announces a dividend before it record date, if people are interested, it will get a lift. Only popular stock will work, typically.