- Futures are up for the most part Futures as of 10pm central time
- Looks as if we will have an up day tomorrow at the start who knows it may shoot down from that point, Hang Seng up
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX, 33.95close, 38.31ah's) advanced in night trade on the back of positive viral response data in a hepatitis C virus study. VRTX vaulted north from 34.01 to a high of 39 early in night trade. It backed down to still plus-side levels between 37.75 and 38.40 through the rest of the session. A pre-bell open Wednesday may have potential surrounding 38. There was some steady sell pressure that hit VRTX between the high of 39 and 38, levels shorts may want to eye if this top again has trouble holding support early tomorrow. On the long side, early buyers may want to watch the 37.50 to 38 area at the start Wednesday, levels that may have legs to catch some morning interest and perhaps see some revisits to the high 37s or above 38.
- Price: 38.13, Change: +4.18, Percent Change: +12.3
GTXI cratered to an early after-hours low of 1.72 before popping back to about 2.24. It dropped to lower levels between 2.00 and 1.76 through the first-half of night play. Buyers grew more confident in the issue into the mid-session, goosing it to still downside levels between 2.08 and 1.85. It steadied between 2.03 and 1.90 into the second-half. A pre-bell open Wednesday may have potential near 2.10 to 1.90. With buyers active off the low of 1.72 up to 1.90 tonight, more risk tolerant longs may want to watch this area as a potential floor support that could see bumps back up near 2.00 or above. More aggressive longs may want to sit closer to the 2.00 to 1.90 area in anticipation of this level catching some early day interest and possibly firming deeper into low-2s.
- Price: 1.96, Change: -1.06, Percent Change: -35.
- For the full year, revenue was $544,245,000 against $541,027,000 a year ago. Income from operations was $143,962,000 against $143,544,000 a year ago. Income before income taxes was $139,874,000 against $142,180,000 a year ago. Net income was $87,256,000 or $0.60 per diluted share against $87,968,000 or $0.61 per diluted share a year ago.
- The company revised earnings guidance for the full year of fiscal 2011, For the year revenue and EPS guidance to the upper end of its previous range with revenue of $550 million to $600 million and fully diluted earnings per share of $0.55 to $0
Late Monday, Neurocrine reported positive Phase II data from a clinical trial for its drug candidate elagolix in the treatment of endometriosis, an often painful gynecological condition.
- C - 3.89
- F - 11.15
- UCO -8.56
- Up to $28 ah's.
VRTX: 33.69 to 39
POZN: 7.51 to 7.9
ATAC: 17.39 to 18.10
NZ: 13.06 to 14.04
TIVO: 9.49 to 8.88
GTXI: 3.27 to 1.72
LEN: 17.30 to 16.78
- Japanese steel producer JFE Holdings Inc. is set to go on an emerging-markets acquisition binge, funded by a 700 billion yen ($7.74 billion) war chest, according to a report Wednesday. The push will involve taking stakes in businesses that supply local markets, with JFE already in talks to take a roughly 10% interest in Indian peer and joint-venture partner JSW Steel Ltd. , the Nikkei business daily reported, citing unidentified sources. JFE also plans to raise its crude steel capacity in Japan to 33 million tons a year by fiscal 2011, marking a 10% increase from fiscal 2007.
- EDC Emerging Markets Bull Fund you can benefit in a similar way by playing this fund.