I say up day tomorrow, I think we had a big sell off and drove stocks down and, yeah, the Euro is hurting but tomorrow good day." Long
- Nasdaq-100 After-Hours Indicator Up 0.75 at 1835.79 06/01 04:09 PM
- * Foster's (FBRWF:$4.5000,$0.0000,0.00%) beer operations seen valued at up to A$12 bln
- Prudential Plc's (PUK:$16.53,00$0.92,005.89%) bid for AIG's Asian life insurance unit was close to collapse on Tuesday after the two failed to negotiate a price cut, raising questions about the future of the British insurer and its chief executive
- Jun. 2--While robotic roustabouts sawed on a leaking pipe a mile deep in the Gulf of Mexico Tuesday in BP's latest attempt to control a catastrophic oil spill, engineers were developing plans for what to try next.
- Euro steadies, yen dips on Japan PM resignation
- THOUSAND OAKS, Calif., June 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Amgen Inc. (AMGN:$50.76,00$-1.02,00-1.97%) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Prolia(TM) (denosumab) for the treatment of postmenopausal women with osteoporosis at high risk for fracture, defined as a history of osteoporotic fracture, or multiple risk factors for fracture; or patients who have failed or are intolerant to other available osteoporosis therapy. Prolia, the first and only FDA-approved RANK Ligand inhibitor, is an every six month 60 mg subcutaneous injection administered by a health care professional.
- Canadian Solar (CSIQ:$11.86,00$-1.09,00-8.42%) plummeted in after-hours trade after postponing the release of its results and disclosing an audit committee inquiry after receiving an SEC subpoena.
CSIQ was released from an after-hours trading halt and careened straight to its session low of 8.65. Buyers were aggressive off the low, firming CSIQ to a still negative range of 9.96 to 9.51, levels where it stayed firm into the mid-session and second-half of evening play. A pre-bell open Wednesday looks to have potential surrounding the 9.75 level.
- With buyers active off tonight's low of 8.65 up to 9.51, morning longs may want to watch for any possible support level that develops down here - an area that could have legs to move back up into the higher 9s.
- On the short side, the 9.96 to 9.87 range withstood several heavy-volume upside tests, a tentative ceiling level to eye for potential downside drift back into the 9.80s to 9.70s.
- Price: 9.79, Change: -2.07, Percent Change: -17.4
- MF Global (MF:$7.59,00$-0.11,00-1.43%) : Stock dropped through the 7.20 mark down to a low of 6.85 through the first-half of night trade. Buyers grew more active in the shares into the mid-session and second-half, firming it from 6.90 to 7.00. Evening indications would suggest MF records a potential pre-market open Wednesday surrounding 6.95.
- With some decent buy action moving into the shares off the low of 6.85 to 6.95, more risk-tolerant longs may want to nibble down here, perhaps an area that could see bumps toward 7.00 or above.
- On the short side, sellers were most active at 7.20 to 7.10, a possible ceiling level to watch.
- Price: 7, Change: -0.60, Percent Change: -7.8
NEWS MOVERS:MF, -7.8%
LGF: 6 to 6.87
BP: 36.38 to 36.67
OPLK: 13.40 to 13.72
MF: 6.85 to 7.68
PSS: 19.30 to 21.80
CSIQ: 8.65 to 12.21
PVG: 15.50 to 16.73
Penny Pick is still BISU