- Novell Inc (NOVL:$6.26,00$0.17,002.79%), The judge in the Novell Inc. versus SCO legal battle has ruled in favour of Novell, closing the case after a seven-year battle. Barring any further appeals from SCO, this will finally end the dispute.
- Long, great news
- Long, meeting should be good and pop this stock back to 12-13 mark.
- Long early, then short it @ 11.2 area.
- its HyperCloud(TM) memory module has been selected to run on Viglen servers to support High Performance Computing (HPC) applications.
- Short, this run is over, but could see some early momentum and be half size long.
- Drug application (sNDA) to approve Acthar for the treatment of infantile spasms (IS) has been extended to September 11, 2010, which is not good because they need to review potential dangers.
- Trend says short, but bargain shopping says Long, specially if this application is approved.
- short over $5
- Not major news, people do like control, maybe long on people on this, short on chart signs.
- Long, any patent approval is good, but short the major pops if your scalping like I am.
- Long, 20.5 to 23 range, this is good news, but stock is pricey, news maybe priced in, good opportunity to play a good stock here, leaning long.
A Look Ahead: Major Corporate & Economic Events, June 14 to June 18
MONDAY, June 14
Extended Hours Earnings: CPST, CASY, CHDX, CMRO, KFY, LZB, COOL, MDZ, NTSC, RENT, SURG, VLNC.
Economic Data: None.
TUESDAY, June 15
Extended-Hours Earnings: BKRS, BBY, CLC, HILL, FDS.
Economic Data: 8:30 a.m. Import/Export Prices; Empire Manufacturing Survey; 9 a.m. Net Long-Term TIC Flows.
WEDNESDAY, June 16
Extended-Hours Earnings: FDX, IHS.
Economic Data: 8:30 a.m. Housing Starts; Building Permits; PPI; 9:15 a.m. Capacity Utilization; Industrial Production; 10:30 a.m. Crude Inventories.
THURSDAY, June 17
Extended-Hours Earnings: ATU, SJM, PIR, SMOD, SFD, KR.
Economic Data: 8:30 a.m. Initial Claims; CPI; Current Account Balance; 10 a.m. Leading Indicators; Philadelphia Fed.
FRIDAY, June 18
Extended Hours Earnings: ALOY.
Economic Data: None.
- GM IPO as soon as Q4, registration seen as soon as July
* Market value must top $70 bln to make taxpayers whole
* Analysts see GM value as high as $90 bln in deal