Milestone Financial Investments L.L.C.
- Nasdaq-100 After-Hours Indicator Down 0.72 at 1,825.03
- The bleeding definitely hasn't stopped yet.
- Tech earnings helped the Nasdaq Composite to finish just north of the even mark and the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average did finish near their best levels of the day, though still in the red. The major averages are lower for the week.
- Shares of chip maker Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (MRVL:$16.16,00$1.25,008.38%) edged higher late Friday, building on day-session gains in the wake of the company's quarterly results and current-quarter outlook.
- Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Inc. (CPIX:$6.02,00$0.19,003.26%) said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has extended its review of the supplemental new drug application for the use of Acetadote (acetylcysteine) Injection in patients with non-acetaminophen acute liver failure.
- Hormel Foods Corp.'s (HRL:$43.4800,$0.1100,0.25%) fiscal third-quarter earnings rose 11% as the food-processing company saw revenue continue to rise and brands like its Hormel chili did well.
- Warner Chilcott plc (WCRX:$28.12,00$-0.62,00-2.16%) completed an amendment to its existing senior secured credit facilities, pursuant to which it has incurred an additional $1.5 billion aggregate principal amount of new term loans.
- The company will use proceeds to fund a special cash dividend of $8.50 a share to its shareholders, or about $2.14 billion total. The dividend will be payable Sept. 8 to shareholders of record Aug. 30.
- Goldman Sachs also maintained its "buy" rating on the stock and raised the company's target price to $117 from $100.
- MONDAY, Aug. 23
Extended-Hours Earnings: DSW, TUES.
Economic Data: None scheduled.
- TUESDAY, Aug. 24
Extended-Hours Earnings: BKS, BIG, BKC, MDT, PSUN, NCTY, TSL, PAY.
Economic Data: 10 a.m. Existing Home Sales.
- WEDNESDAY, Aug. 25
Extended-Hours Earnings: AEO, BHP, BWS, CWTR, GES, HAIN, JDSU, JAS, KONG, OSIS, SMTC, SNDA.
Economic Data: 8:30 a.m. Durable Goods Orders; 10 a.m. New Home Sales.
- THURSDAY, Aug. 26
Economic Data: 8:30 a.m. Initial Jobless Claims.
- FRIDAY, Aug. 27
Extended Hours Earnings: ARUN, BEBE, GIGM, NOVL, OCNF, OVTI.
Economic Data: 8:30 a.m. GDP Revision; 10 a.m. Consumer Sentiment.