1.31.2012

Jan 1 - Wed. "Zero Sum Reality"

Again, I think mkt is top heavy and I'll be leaning into shorts, 130 on SPY is support not 131 just cuz its a whole # I hate idiots. Anyways. I want this pull to happen so some of these good long set ups will have some power when they reverse.They bout to turn the fear machine back on and have yawl scrambling for the exits, I promise you, why I'm short my swings (3 days in a row now I say this) LISTEN.

WEDNESDAY, Feb. 1
Extended-Hours Earnings: AET, ADEP, ABCO, ALL, DOX, AFG, AMP, ASCA, AOL, AIZ, ATMI  AUDC, BYI, BEAV, BMC, CELL, CACI, CMG, COHU, CVLT, CNQR, COCO, CCK, DSPG, EDMC, EA, ENR, ENTG, EPD, ENTR, EQR, EXAR, EXPO, FDC, GMCR, HAIN, HSY, HI, ININ, ISIL, ITG, JDSU, LVS, LQDT, MAN, MRO, MKTX, MEAS, MKSI, MGAM, NDAQ, NI, NOC, OPWV, QCOM, RDWR, SFLY, STLY, TMO, TSCO, TUP, UFI, WHR.
Economic Data: 7 a.m. MBA Mortgage Index; 8:15 a.m. ADP Employment Change; 10 a.m. ISM Index; Construction Spending; 10:30 a.m. Crude Inventories; 2 p.m. Auto/Truck sales.

STX - took short ahs' at the top of its range, looking for a fade or possible add if it pops, as companies start to rebound from the Thai floods they will not be the only hard drive maker on the block and will loose market share, people were even confused a bit after earnings as if this was or should have sold off them because of that. Short bias as 22.4 saw selling in after hours and even set up as a late day fade, which is why I shorted so early, could wake up down a grip, but only in 1/3rd size so I can add. 5 year high with no pull back since 9, this is due for a massive correction imo, I'll be happy with 21.72.

BRCM -  I think she's a long until you hit major resistance at 38ish, buy weakness of course, but I'd lay low and let a trend form first, wouldnt' be something I'd play early. this is a para adn now a rip up so watch fora  higher low and/or a double top, whcih now that I say outloud sounds betr, for a short at trend lines in chart, gota use feelrs though yo.

AMZN - shorts may want to target potential entry points at the 181 to 178 area, levels that stood as a ceiling throughout much of Tuesday's after-hours trade, and where there may be room to play downside drift back into the mid- to lower-170s, but if she washes look for me to call a botm 4 for 4 now on bottoms on this one maybe 5 for 5. I am a buyer of all amazon dips, so I will buy the dip. this amazon had no sell off cuz of the stock, the mkt bout to sell off , this just big money knowing whats next.

FTNT - possible long utnil it hits resistance. then look short. Q4 revenue of $120.9 mln, better than the analyst consensus of $117 mln on Thomson Reuters. EPS was $0.14, two cents ahead of the Street view.


 SYNA - been on a nice run, maybe a pull to 38 and this thing finds sup and gets an uptrend started again, it is in need of a sell off though. That big red bar is bs.
 
PPO - bunch of downgrades got me thinking long 37 was support so anything below I'm snatching up long, but I'll have to all this in chat real time.


FIO - could write a book on this one, I like as a long put up good #'s but sold off because of blah blah blah, just watch it.
MCK - could still be a good topper and short.

THURSDAY, Feb. 2
Extended-Hours Earnings: APKT, ADS, ATK, BZH, BX, BSX, CFN, CSL, CAVM, CI,K CME, COLM, CNW, CTCT, CMI, CYMI, DO, DRIV, DOW, EW, RDEN, EXTR, FISV, FLXS, GNW, GIGA, GILD, GR, HPOL, IKAN, INFN, IN, IP, IRF, XXIA, K, KNSY, LSTR, BOOT, LEA, MA, MRK, MCHP, MSCI, MTSC, MFLX, N, NYT, NVLS, OCLS, ODFL, PTEN, PCCC, PENN, POWI, PWER, PHM, R, SLE, SIMG, SIMO, SPAN, HOT, SUN, TTWO, TEN, TSO, THQI, VRTX, ZIGO.
Economic Data: 7:30 a.m. Challenger Job Cuts; 8:30 a.m. Initial Claims.
FRIDAY, Feb. 3
Extended-Hours Earnings: AXL, AON, BEAM, EL, HNT, IMN, MGI, SIRO, SPB, CLX, TSN, WY.
Economic Data: 8:30 a.m. Unemployment Rate; 10 a.m. Factory Orders; ISM Services.